Tomorrow's film is Meghan's pick, Stephen King's Firestarter (or should that be Stephen King's Firestarter? It was filed under 'F,' so I guess I'll go with the former).
The DVD I got is actually a two-movie set, including the decidedly non-nostalgic sequel/miniseries, Firestarter 2: Rekindled (guess they had to bump up its retail numbers somehow).
Man, I can't believe they couldn't get Drew Barrymore for that one!
I think we all enjoyed it at varying levels. The overall quality of production was, as Vince put it, akin to a made-for-TV movie, but little Drew was adorable and perfect for the role, George C. Scott was appropriately creepy, and the final set piece where she goes on a destructive rampage of vengeance (spoiler alert!) was just awesome.
How was this?
ReplyDeleteI think we all enjoyed it at varying levels. The overall quality of production was, as Vince put it, akin to a made-for-TV movie, but little Drew was adorable and perfect for the role, George C. Scott was appropriately creepy, and the final set piece where she goes on a destructive rampage of vengeance (spoiler alert!) was just awesome.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I made bananas foster - flambe, natch.
ReplyDeleteDangatron
ReplyDelete