I don't know if it's me or Google or both, but this is way more confusing than it should be. Anyway, psyched for this movie, which I have yet to see. Also hoping Gavin puts Rocky in for the next jar, since I just told him yesterday I've never seen that one either.
Just watched it, gotta say this doesn't hold up very well. Levi informed us that the author was a teenager when she wrote it, it explains a lot. What's more surprising is how poor the editing and music was considering the talent of the director (He'd already done Apocalypse Now and The Godfather I & II at this point).
I hadn't read the book or seen the movie, and surprisingly, I was more entertained by an episode of Studio 360 from a few months ago that explored the novel and the film: http://www.studio360.org/2012/may/04/american-icons-outsiders/
Oh, it was someone else who knew that she was a 16-year-old girl. I knew nothing of SE Hinton, but this is somewhat interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SE_Hinton
She wrote The Outsiders and Rumble Fish, and had a cameo as the nurse in Dally's room in Outsiders.
I don't know if it's me or Google or both, but this is way more confusing than it should be. Anyway, psyched for this movie, which I have yet to see. Also hoping Gavin puts Rocky in for the next jar, since I just told him yesterday I've never seen that one either.
ReplyDelete(That was me, Levi. I'm logged in, so I don't know why it doesn't know it's me.)
ReplyDeleteTesting again (apparently I had to edit my blogger profile even though I was logged into my google profile?)
ReplyDeleteJust watched it, gotta say this doesn't hold up very well. Levi informed us that the author was a teenager when she wrote it, it explains a lot. What's more surprising is how poor the editing and music was considering the talent of the director (He'd already done Apocalypse Now and The Godfather I & II at this point).
ReplyDeleteI hadn't read the book or seen the movie, and surprisingly, I was more entertained by an episode of Studio 360 from a few months ago that explored the novel and the film: http://www.studio360.org/2012/may/04/american-icons-outsiders/
ReplyDeleteOh, it was someone else who knew that she was a 16-year-old girl. I knew nothing of SE Hinton, but this is somewhat interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SE_Hinton
ReplyDeleteShe wrote The Outsiders and Rumble Fish, and had a cameo as the nurse in Dally's room in Outsiders.
Thanks Clay, that was a really good listen. I'd love to see a stage production of an all butch Outsiders.
ReplyDeleteOh, should I pick Rumblefish next or skip it based on this one...
What's Meghan choosing for her movie this week?